7 Jan 2012

Cookies and cream (Oreo) cheesecakes






These little beauties are from a great little cupcake book Martha Stewarts cupcakes. I have been working my way through it since my son was born, the tiramisu cupcakes and brown sugar pound cupcakes with brown butter icing cupcakes were lovely (made in early post-baby days thus no energy to take pictures). Checkout out her website for some great recipes. I love American baking recipes.




Anyhoo I really really loved these little cheesecakes, they were great straight out of the oven and fridge-cold-ony thing I would say is when fridge cold the Oreo biscuit was a bit hard to break through so next time I will break the biscuit up into four or soak in milk before placing in the case. The cheesecake part tastes deceptively light, it’s smooth creamy and sweet but not too sweet and it goes perfectly with the Oreo…  



It’s not often these days that I make the same thing twice (well apart from cupcakes and tiramisu which I can kind of make in my sleep now) but I will definitely make these again. They are super easy to make too, none of the usual crushing of biscuit and lining and refrigerating of the base as with usual cheesecakes. Having said that I am dying to try mini raspberry marble cheesecakes from the book….



Thanks also to my friend N who helped me to make them late in the evening after baby had gone to bed-it really is fun doing late night baking with a friend…and thanks to her for some of the lovely pictures too.





Recipe:

       Oreos, 30 left whole & and 12 coarsely chopped  
     2 pounds (approx 900g) cream cheese, softened
&   1 cup sugar
& - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
&   4 large eggs, lightly beaten
&   1 cup sour cream (240mls)
&    pinch of salt
 
Preheat oven to 275°. Line standard muffin pans with liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer (dont overbeat). Gradually sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.
Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies.
Divide batter among pans. Bake for about 22 minutes or until filling is set.
Cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate (in tins)4 hours or overnight. Remove from pans just before serving.
Makes 30 cheesecakes.



2 comments:

  1. Its chopped off the recipe where it tells you how much of the ingredients you need. Repost please!! Aish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aish,sorry didn't realise-have updated, if still not clear give me a buzz!:)X

    ReplyDelete